The giant ecosystem that is the is growing, shifting and consolidating rapidly. IoT devices are everywhere, from smart toothbrushes to smart watches and voice assistants to slow cookers, the IoT is all around us. We all know that IoT can change our lives and make our daily lives and businesses more efficient, but what else should we know about IoT?
We did some digging and found statistics that help you understand this growing market and the impact IoT has on the future. These stats cover the smart home market, industrial IoT, health care and more.
Here are 20 IoT statistics that will help you wrap your head around these rising trends:
1. According to , there are more than 17 billion connected devices worldwide. The number of active IoT devices is forecasted to grow to 10 billion by 2020 and 22 billion by 2025.
2. predicts IoT and analytics revenue will grow to $520 billion in 2021.
- According to , the global IoT market reached $151 billion in 2018 and is forecasted to grow to $1,567B by 2025.
- The integration of Artificial Intelligence (AI) with IoT is expected to be the key factor driving the IoT in healthcare market growth.()
- By 2024, reports that NB-IT and Cat-M technologies will account for close to 45 percent of cellular IoT connections in 2024.
- By 2030, predicts that there will be 15 connected devices per person.
- estimates the number of LPWAN connected devices to reach 3.44 billion by 2021.
- The number of connected devices is expected to reach .
- According to Gartner research, in 2019 an overwhelming 99% of companies either maintained or increased their budget for IoT. (
- estimates the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) could add $14.2 trillion to the global economy by 2030.
- reports that IoT in the Smart Cities market is projected to grow from $79.5 billion to $219.6 billion, at a CAGR of 22.5% from 2018 to 2023.
- According to , M2M network connections will grow globally from just under 1 billion in 2017 to 3.9 billion in 2022.
- Real Time Location System market (RTLS) is expected to grow from USD 3.19 billion in 2018 to reach USD 8.79 billion by 2023. ()
- The smart agriculture market is estimated to grow from USD 13.8 billion in 2020 to USD 22.0 billion by 2025. ()
- The global IoT healthcare market is predicted to reach $14 billion by 2024. )
- Spending in the smart home device market is expected to rise through 2023, to a projected 157 billion U.S. dollars, .
- Spending in the IoT Healthcare market is expected to hit 176.82 billion by 2026. ()
- Asia Pacific region is expected to hold the highest market share in the IoT Healthcare market. ()
With the IoT market rapidly evolving, it is hard to keep up with the latest news and trends. These IoT stats help conceptualize the enormous growth in the Internet of Things. If you’re interested in learning more about the Internet of Things, check out this white paper, ‘Making the Internet of Things a Reality.’