Creating an experience that morphs to your user’s unique needs is the holy grail of mobile app design & functionality. Industry trends need to be tempered with a deep knowledge of device capabilities, your users’ needs and how user behavior may change over time. Here are 15 tips that will help you start to design your dynamic mobile user experience.
Why Mobile Design Matters:
1. In 2014, mobile finally overtook desktop as the primary device people use to access the Internet. - @K_Cisnero
2. Mobile Users Hold A Grudge: 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble with. @BritneyMuller
3. Designing for #mobile requires a deep knowledge of devices - which means leaving behind much of what we’ve learned from designing for web.
4. The #mobile market in India is on the brink of dominance, with mobile having more presence than desktop or consoles. - @startappdotcom
5. Mobile Spend to Top $100 Billion Worldwide in 2016, 51% of Digital Market - @eMarketer
Why Create Dynamic Experiences?
6. Unresolved complexity from the design stages, will carry itself over, and feast on your user's experience. @miguelelasmar
7. To practically achieve simplicity we can stick to a single core idea, improve clarity over time, and use consistency. - @danritz
8. Designing a digital experience is like establishing rules for how to conduct yourself in a relationship… be attractive, strong and sensible - @whitneyhess
9. The abilities of today provides us an opportunity like never before to design adaptivity in order to ultimately offer a better #UX via @xgmedia
10. Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you - Frank Lloyd Wright
11. Designers do not create experiences, we create artifacts to experience. We create tangible things that people use over time - @bokardo
12. If more people appreciated how one day of user research can save weeks of coding I think they would do it more - @bokardo
13. Good user research findings=does it help people achieve the goal. Does it reduce errors, reduce confusion, reassure, increase confidence @leisa
14. Discovering the ins and outs of context is why UX professionals do so much user research, as the subtleties of context are a sharp blade.
How to Design a Dynamic UX
15. Your mobile experience can now be tailored to your users' unique needs and interests. Personas makes that happen. - Skyhook