UX is on every smart app’s radar today. We all know it’s the tool, the secret sauce, the golden ticket to success. But what else should we know about UX?
Here are 25 ux statistics that will help you wrap your head around having a dynamic user experience for your app and why it is so important.
How mobile are your users?
1. @TechCrunch: Users spend 2 hours and 42 minutes a day on mobile devices- mobile app usage accounts for 2 hours and 19 minutes of that time. Click to tweet
2. @firstsiteguide: 97% of websites fail at UX. Websites that fail at UX suffer from frustrated users and poor conversion rates. Click to tweet
3. @SmartInsights: 33% of people start research on Branded Websites and 26% start on Branded Apps. Click to tweet
4. @Uberflip: 90% of people use multiple screens sequentially. Click to tweet
5. @phonearena: The average global smartphone user has downloaded 26 apps. Click to tweet
6. @FlurryMobile: 86% of time on mobile is spent using apps. Click to tweet
7. @SmashingMag: 50% of mobile users browse the web on iOS, 38% on Android, 3% on Windows Phone, 5% with Opera Mini and 4% on other platforms. Click to tweet
How does experience impact your users’ choices?
8. @Econsultancy: 88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience. Click to tweet
9. @NuanceInc: 25% of apps are abandoned after a single day. Click to tweet
10. @MeasuringU: Security, fear of credit card data being stolen, is a major reason why mobile users don't make purchases. Click to tweet
11. @MeasuringU: The more consumers consider a purchase, the more they use their smartphones to find product information and reviews. Click to tweet
12. @Ironpaper_Inc: 48% of people cited a website’s design as the number one factor in deciding the credibility of a business. Click to tweet
13. @NuanceInc: even with 50 million mobile apps being downloaded every day, 95 percent are abandoned within a month. Click to tweet
14. @FlurryMobile: 4% of time spent on mobile devices is spent using productivity apps. Click to tweet
15. @Ironpaper_Inc: 67% of shoppers were more likely to buy from a website that is compatible with mobile devices. Click to tweet
16. @Veopix: 94% of a user’s first impressions are design-related. Click to tweet
How do you measure up?
17. @Econsultancy: Only 55% of companies are currently conducting any online user experience testing. Click to tweet
18. @uxmotel: Every $1 invested in UX can have a return of up to $100 for your business. Click to tweet
19. @UltraLinx: 85% of UX problems can be solved by testing with 5 users. Click to tweet
20. @Scobleizer: More and more mobile apps use smartphone sensors to know where you are and what you are doing enabling devices to provide users with highly personalized benefits. Click to tweet
21. @FlurryMobile: Gaming apps account for 32% of the time users spend on mobile devices and social and messaging apps account for 28%. Click to tweet
22. @Go-Gulf.com: 87% of Fortune 500 companies have an easy to find search field on their homepage. Click to tweet
23. @SmashingMag: A 1-second response keeps users engaged with the content, thereby increasing the conversion rate and reducing abandonments. Click to tweet
24. @mashable: Good storytelling is perhaps most important UX tool of all, our remembering self is a storyteller and experiences are recalled as stories. Click to tweet
25. @mashable: UX is based on 200 years of scientific knowledge, 30 years of industry best practices and specifically applied research. Click to tweet
We hope these 25 user experience statistics help!